This document describes the client/server protocol used by CVS. It does
not describe how to use or administer client/server CVS; see the regular
CVS manual for that. This is version 1.12.12 of the protocol
specification-- Introduction, for more on what this version
* Introduction What is CVS and what is the client/server protocol for?
* Goals Basic design decisions, requirements, scope, etc.
* Connection and Authentication Various ways to connect to the server
* Password scrambling Scrambling used by pserver
* Protocol Complete description of the protocol
* Protocol Notes Possible enhancements, limitations, etc. of the protocol
automatically generated byinfo2html